Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
E Warren Tool Library
MEMBER WAIVER FORM
I hereby agree as a member of the E Warren Tool Library (EWTL), I agree to comply with all of EWTL policies which may be established from time to time by EWTL. I understand that failure to comply with the policies of EWTL may result in my immediate termination as a member.
I acknowledge that in handling tools, there exists a risk of injury, including physical harm or death, and that by checking out tools from EWTL it will be done at my own risk. Therefore, on behalf of myself, my heirs and personal representatives, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless EWTL and its assigns, successors, agents, staff, Volunteers, officers, board of directors, contractors and representatives from any and all claims, causes of action or demands of any nature of cause whatsoever, including costs and attorney fees, arising out of or relating to my membership with EWTL, including, but not limited to, injury from handling tools, accidents or injuries.
I understand that public relations are an important part of EWTL. On behalf of heirs, my personal representatives and myself, as a member, I give the E Warren Tool Library permission to use and publish photographs taken of me as a member for use in its public relations effort.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS THEREOF. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE TOOL LIBRARY AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: ____________ EWTL Rep Signature:_______________________________________ Date:____________
Thank you for becoming a member of the E Warren Tool Library. We look forward to serving you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience better as a member of EWTL.
Member’s Tool Policy, Agreement and Application Tool Use Policy and Agreement
1. Members must be age 18 or over to borrow tools from E Warren Tool Library (“EWTL”). 2. Prior to borrowing tools, all Members must (a) complete a Membership Application; (b) sign the Waiver and Indemnification Form; (c) sign this tool policy form; and (d) have their residence confirmed by a EWTL volunteer or member of the staff. Completing a Membership Application includes the completion of the Membership Application form and verification of the Member’s identity. Verifications of the Member’s identity is accomplished by presenting a valid government-issued photo ID or a form of identification that includes a current address. 3. EWTL staff is available to assist in explaining operation and safety of tools. However, by taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner. 4. EWTL is not responsible in the event that a member injures themselves using a tool from the EWTL.
5. Only the Member is authorized to use EWTL tools. The Member shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person unless by the express permission of the EWTL.
6. Members will not specifically be charged for borrowing any tool, but will be advised as to the suggested donation for the tools that they are borrowing.
7. All tools borrowed are to be returned to the EWTL by close of business on their due date. Tools may only be returned during the EWTL open hours M-W-F from 8am-3pm and Saturday from 9am-2pm.
8. If a tool is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee. This late fee will be $5 per day for every day the EWTL is open until the tool is returned. Late fees are capped at the full replacement cost of the tool. The EWTL may replace severely delinquent tools, holding the Member responsible for the full replacement cost.. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing additional items.
9. The EWTL reserves the right to use appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent tools or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent Member with the cost of any such action. The EWTL also reserves the right to forgive fees due to special circumstances.
10. Tools may not be reserved. The EWTL reserves the right to make an exception to this policy for large, community events. No exceptions will be made for individual lending.
11. Members may renew each tool once the Member contacts the EWTL by noon on the day that the tool is due. The EWTL reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals and will do so based on demand.
12. The Member agrees that the EWTL is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed tools.
13. The Member agrees that if any borrowed tool becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the tool and notify the EWTL of
the issue on return, if not earlier.
14. All tools are to be returned cleaned and in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. If the tool comes back not cleaned, the Member will be charged a $5 cleaning fee.
The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept the EWTL assessment of condition of items and to further agree to the EWTL assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item.
15. The EWTL reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
16. I affirm that the information that I have provided on the Membership Application is current, true, and correct. I understand that this information may be subject to verification. 17. I further state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of the E Warren Tool Library, and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I have read and signed a Waiver and Indemnification form, relinquishing any and all claims against the E Warren Tool Library and Motor City Grounds Crew.
Tool Library Membership Application
Thank you for joining the E Warren Tool Library. Please complete the information below and return to The E Warren Tool Library. Upon approval, your membership will be activated. Welcome!
Membership Tier (check which one best describes your yearly income):
Tier 1 $25 Membership: <$25,000/yr income_____ Tier 2 $50 Membership: $25,000-$50,000/yr income_____ Tier 3 $75 Membership $50,000-$75,000/yr income_____ Tier 4 $100 Membership: $75,000-$100,000/yr income____ Tier 5 $200 Membership: $100,000>/yr income_____
Are you 18 years or over? Yes____ No_____ I have READ and AGREE to abide by The E Warren Tool Library’s Tool Use Policy & Agreement. I also AGREE that the personal information above to be true.
Community Member Signature:______________________ Date:_________ EWTL Staff Signature:_____________________________ Date:_________
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?